Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sylvain Sylvain is offline

Default Table of contents, web preview

Hi,

I have 2 word documents, both using the same .dot template, both have
a table of contents, but when I convert them to the PDF (using 3rd
party tool), one has the links in blue underligned, and the other also
has the links, but they appear as normal text (which is what I want).

If I go to the Index and Tables window, I can see that the web preview
appears to have the links underligned in blue, and the other document
doesn't, the again appear as normal text with linking ability. This
tells me that some sort of setting isn't the same for both document,
and isn't a pdf conversion setting problem. The option "use hyperlinks
instead of page numbers" is checked for both documents, and that's what
I want.

All entries the ToC for both documents are styled as Hyperlink (and TOC
1).

Does anyone know of any settings that could possibly be different in
between these 2 documents, or if I have missed anything. Seems like one
of those weird problems, losing my hair over it... I wish I could
attach the documents, that would make it easier I think.

Please let me know if you have had this sort of problem or if u need
more detail, thanks a lot!!!

sylvain.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If "Use hyperlinks instead of page numbers" is checked, then the TOC field
will include the \h switch, which is what also results in the TOC entries
(and not just the page numbers) being hyperlinked. This means that the
entries have the Hyperlink character style applied, but it is suppressed, so
you won't see the entries as blue and underlined *unless* you unlink the
TOC. Assuming that your PDF settings are the same for both docs (you're
creating tags for both), that shouldn't make a difference, but what you
might try doing is changing the Hyperlink (and Followed Hyperlink) character
styles in the document to Default Paragraph Font (without the blue color and
underline).

Another approach is to edit the TOC field. The "Use hyperlinks" setting
actually results in two field switches. In addition to the \h switch, there
is also a \z switch, and that's the one that is actually responsible for
hiding tab leaders and page numbers in Web Layout view. You could remove the
\h switch, leaving the \z switch. But then the TOC entries would not be
hyperlinked (only the page numbers), which I imagine would make them useless
in Web Layout view.

"Sylvain" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sylvain Sylvain is offline

Thanks a lot Suzanne, that's exactly it. If I change the settings of
the hyperlink style, then it won't appear in blue and underlined when
the document is converted to a PDF.

Sorry about the double post, wasn't sure where to post it.

Thanks again,

sylvain.