MDavison

Default Characters being ignored?

I am trying to do a Find/Replace do a symbol character throughout an entire
document. The character is clearly used in many many lines within cell
tables, but the Ctrl+H (Find/Replace) is not seeing them and replacing them.
Any reason why a table should make a difference?
(Win XP/Office 2003)
-Monica

MDavison

A dot from the Times New Roman font. Character code 25CF.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What is the character?

so
all may benefit.

"MDavison" wrote in message
I am trying to do a Find/Replace do a symbol character throughout an

entire
document. The character is clearly used in many many lines within cell
tables, but the Ctrl+H (Find/Replace) is not seeing them and replacing

them.
Any reason why a table should make a difference?
(Win XP/Office 2003)
-Monica

I think it might be difficult to find this character even outside a table.
But are you using it as an automatic bullet, or is it inserted manually? You
might want to see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...aceSymbols.htm

"MDavison" wrote in message
A dot from the Times New Roman font. Character code 25CF.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What is the character?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"MDavison" wrote in message
I am trying to do a Find/Replace do a symbol character throughout an

entire
document. The character is clearly used in many many lines within cell
tables, but the Ctrl+H (Find/Replace) is not seeing them and replacing

them.
Any reason why a table should make a difference?
(Win XP/Office 2003)
-Monica

MDavison

The test was originally copied and pasted from a PDF, so they are being
recognized as Symbols. Already did the Find/Replace.
What bothers me is why is the character only being recognized in the text of
the document, and not within the cells of a table? I think you are missing
the point of my question - I don't have a problem with Symbols and I don't
have a problem with Ctrl+H. I have a problem with Word not recognizing the
request for a specific character when said character exists in a cell.
See??

Thanks,
-Monica