Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tobia Tobia is offline

Default Custom colors in "white text on blue background"

I wrote:
Does anybody know how to customize the colors of the "white on blue"
mode? (Tools / Options / General / White text on blue background)

I'd like to change the blue to a darker one, as #0000FF is quite hard
on the eyes. Miles better than white, of course, but still hard.

Heh, it's #000080, not #0000FF, but I'd like to choose a different shade
of blue. Does anybody have any hint?

Toby
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, this option is a very old one, introduced to satisfy some old
WordPerfect for DOS users, and it cannot be modified. It has been deprecated
in Word 2007.

If you want eye ease, instead of using the blue background (which causes
many other problems), try changing your window color (which is the paper
color in Word) to a softer shade. Some people like light green (like "eye
ease" paper) or light blue; mine is ivory (R 255, G 255, B 225). Change the
window color in Control Panel | Display | Appearance. Experiment until you
find something you like.

"Tobia" wrote in message
I wrote:
Does anybody know how to customize the colors of the "white on blue"
mode? (Tools / Options / General / White text on blue background)

I'd like to change the blue to a darker one, as #0000FF is quite hard
on the eyes. Miles better than white, of course, but still hard.

Heh, it's #000080, not #0000FF, but I'd like to choose a different shade
of blue. Does anybody have any hint?

Toby

ADD A WATERMARK TO A TEXT BOX Snoopy Microsoft Word Help 6 April 25th 23 08:50 PM
Can I AutoSize (or Fit) merged, variable data within a text box? H Eric Torres Mailmerge 8 September 7th 06 11:44 AM
Arcane Question @ Text Boxes & "Frames" Elmer Page Layout 12 August 14th 06 08:34 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM