Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hornless unicorn hornless unicorn is offline

Default Print all Documents in folder

Is there any way that I can print all documents within a folder? I have a
folder of about 20 word documents, and I want to print them all. Can I do
this without opening each one?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

hornless unicorn wrote:
Is there any way that I can print all documents within a folder? I
have a folder of about 20 word documents, and I want to print them
all. Can I do this without opening each one?

Thanks,

Use an adaptation of the macro in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ocsInFldr.htm:

Sub PrintAllDocsInFolder()
Dim MyPath As String, MyName As String

MyPath = "c:\my documents\"
MyName = Dir$(MyPath & "*.doc")

Application.PrintOut _
Background:=False, _
FileName:=MyPath & MyName

MyName = Dir
Do While MyName ""

Application.PrintOut _
Background:=False, _
FileName:=MyPath & MyName

MyName = Dir
Loop
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if you need instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Jay Freedman wrote:
hornless unicorn wrote:
[...]

I should have mentioned that you need to edit the line

MyPath = "c:\my documents\"

to contain the path of the folder that contains the documents. There are
ways to get the macro to prompt you for a folder each time you run it, but
that's a later development.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grinny grinny is offline

Another way: In Explorer, select all the docs you wnat to print, then from
File menu choose Print. Usually, each doc will flash open in Word, print,
and close.
--
Grinny