Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doc Doc is offline

Default cursor pointer disappears

While typing in Word 07 Beta or Outlook 07 Beta, there is a cursor that is
moved by the mouse, but there is no cursor pointer to show placement in the
document being typed.

In earlier versions of both, one would have a vertical pointer to show where
the next character would be typed; 20007 has none. I have changed the
Control Panelmouse settings, etc. but to no avail.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?RG9j?=,

While typing in Word 07 Beta or Outlook 07 Beta, there is a cursor that is
moved by the mouse, but there is no cursor pointer to show placement in the
document being typed.

In earlier versions of both, one would have a vertical pointer to show where
the next character would be typed; 20007 has none. I have changed the
Control Panelmouse settings, etc. but to no avail.

Oh, it's still there. Chances are, your graphics card driver is having problems
getting to grips with the new interface. Check the manufacturer's site for a
newer driver and see if installing that has any effect. If it doesn't contact
the manufacturer and ask if they're aware of the issue and whether an update
for Word 2007 is in the works.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org