Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Upgrading from 2000 to 2003

I have the option at work to upgrade to 2003.
Obviously I am worried about my templates and personal settings.
What is the best way to protect these when the upgrade occurs?
Is there a site of the pros & cons, what to beware of, etc. relating to this
upgrade?
What problems/issues have other users come across?

Many thanks
DeanH
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm
However a straightforward update should not affect your personalisations.

DeanH wrote:
I have the option at work to upgrade to 2003.
Obviously I am worried about my templates and personal settings.
What is the best way to protect these when the upgrade occurs?
Is there a site of the pros & cons, what to beware of, etc. relating
to this upgrade?
What problems/issues have other users come across?

Many thanks
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To confirm what Graham said, if you install Word/Office 2003 *over* (rather
than *beside*) Office 2000, all your customizations, documents, templates,
etc., will be preserved. The main issue you will experience will be a much
more stable application that, when it does (rarely) crash recovers much more
gracefully.

"DeanH" wrote in message
I have the option at work to upgrade to 2003.
Obviously I am worried about my templates and personal settings.
What is the best way to protect these when the upgrade occurs?
Is there a site of the pros & cons, what to beware of, etc. relating to

this
upgrade?
What problems/issues have other users come across?

Many thanks
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Many thanks Graham and Suzanne.
I forgot to mention that I have Abode Acrobat 7 already installed without
any problems and have read here that there can be a clash between it and 2003.
Is it a major issue?

DeanH

"DeanH" wrote in message
I have the option at work to upgrade to 2003.
Obviously I am worried about my templates and personal settings.
What is the best way to protect these when the upgrade occurs?
Is there a site of the pros & cons, what to beware of, etc. relating to

this
upgrade?
What problems/issues have other users come across?

Many thanks
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Not if it is patched with the latest updates.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

To confirm what Graham said, if you install Word/Office 2003 *over*
(rather than *beside*) Office 2000, all your customizations,
documents, templates, etc., will be preserved. The main issue you
will experience will be a much more stable application that, when it
does (rarely) crash recovers much more gracefully.

newsgroup so all may benefit.