Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joy Klitzke Joy Klitzke is offline

Default power point link

In Power Point I used "Send to Word" to create a Word document that consists
of all the Power Point slides and notes - the slides are individual links in
the Word document and the notes are straight text.

It appears that I can modify a slide and that will be updated in my Word
document. However, if I add a new slide or modify my notes, that does not
update in the Word document.

Does anyone know of a way to have new slides inserted into my Word document
as new links when I make changes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've been watching to see if anyone would respond. I tried several things,
but even inserting the PowerPoint file as an object into Word doesn't seem
to do what you want. The problem seems to be with the way that PowerPoint
interacts with the clipboard and OLE. You might try over in one of the
PowerPoint groups where the PP experts hang out.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Joy Klitzke" Joy wrote in message
news
In Power Point I used "Send to Word" to create a Word document that
consists
of all the Power Point slides and notes - the slides are individual links
in
the Word document and the notes are straight text.

It appears that I can modify a slide and that will be updated in my Word
document. However, if I add a new slide or modify my notes, that does not
update in the Word document.

Does anyone know of a way to have new slides inserted into my Word
document
as new links when I make changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Herb

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
I've been watching to see if anyone would respond. I tried several things,
but even inserting the PowerPoint file as an object into Word doesn't seem
to do what you want. The problem seems to be with the way that PowerPoint
interacts with the clipboard and OLE. You might try over in one of the
PowerPoint groups where the PP experts hang out.

Yes, inserting as object (even though you will only see the first slide
that way, anyway; you could double-click the object and open it in PPT
again) does not seem to work at all with "links". It seems the target
application always wants to get hold of an actual copy.

In a similar thread, I proposed instead to automate a way of inserting
the individual slides:

- creating the current "state" of all slides in PPT is one operation
(save as: WMF)
- importing these as links should be a smallish VBA procedure.

2cents
Robert

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS