Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al-007 Al-007 is offline

Default Insert Current Date

How can I insert the current date into a template and keep the end format as
specified in my template?

IE. I define a field as Eurostile 13 but when the actual date is inserted
into my document it is Times New Roman 12.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:44:01 -0700, Al-007
wrote:

How can I insert the current date into a template and keep the end format as
specified in my template?

IE. I define a field as Eurostile 13 but when the actual date is inserted
into my document it is Times New Roman 12.

Open the field code (Shift+F9) and add

\*charformat

to the end of the code inside the braces (replacing \*mergeformat if
that's there now). Format the code in the font and size you want. Then
press F9 to update it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman