Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erika Erika is offline

Default Copy Paste in Template

I have a template and a regular word document - in the template there is an
unprotected section and I am trying to copy my regular word document and
paste it into the unprotection section. When I paste it some of my section
headings go from

FINANCIAL SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION to financial summary and CONCLUSION

any ideas??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Erika

Erika wrote:
I have a template and a regular word document - in the template there is an
unprotected section and I am trying to copy my regular word document and
paste it into the unprotection section.

I'm not quite sure I understand whether your pasting into an open
template or into a document based on the template, but I don't think
this matters here.

When I paste it some of my section headings go from

FINANCIAL SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION to financial summary and CONCLUSION

I would closely inspect the text in the source document: Depending on
your version of Word, this is best done through a taskpane ("Reveal
Formatting", with "Distinguish style source" checked), or through a
command in the Help menu (Word 2000 and older).

My best guess is: there is a mixture of style/direct formatting (in this
case: character formatting to AllCAPS) and actual typing in CAPS (by way
of the SHIFT key).

For you and me, reading the document on screen or on paper, it doesn't
matter whether the title was typed through

- CAPSLOCKfinancial .../CAPSLOCK, or
- financial ..., then selected and formatted to AllCaps.

But for Word, internally, this is different. And when you paste
normally, this might be revealed.

You can try to use Edit | Paste Special to see whether you find a better
option. But the underlying problem (the source paragraph is most
probably not properly formatted, or at least not consistently typed) can
only be solved there.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erika Erika is offline

Reveal formatting turned up nothing - there were not All Caps at all - when
compared to other titles that did not change it showed no formattting
differences.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Erika

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Can I copy formatting from a template to many docs? WebColin Formatting Long Documents 1 November 18th 05 03:51 PM
copy and paste labels teddkilroy Microsoft Word Help 3 September 9th 05 05:32 AM
difference between 'regular' template and global template? Jackie D Microsoft Word Help 7 July 15th 05 10:27 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 04:59 AM