Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KJAY KJAY is offline

Default convert Enable 3.0, 4.0 and 4.5

I need to convert some enable files from 1994 to word 2003. Anyone have any
ideas.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KJAY KJAY is offline

As an update, I think I remember word 6.0 had a converter in it, and I
believe MS once had a program to convert files as well. Enable and MS had a
deal back then.

"KJAY" wrote:

I need to convert some enable files from 1994 to word 2003. Anyone have any
ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you try to contact Enable? (I've never heard of it so it may no longer
be in business.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"KJAY" wrote:

I need to convert some enable files from 1994 to word 2003. Anyone have
any
ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KJAY KJAY is offline

They went out of business 12 plus years ago. At the time they made a deal
with MS and provided a converter from enable to word. I understand that word
6.0 had the converter built in, but was wondering why word 2003 no longer has
it.

"KJAY" wrote:

I need to convert some enable files from 1994 to word 2003. Anyone have
any
ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Probably because it was 12 years ago and they figured you've had enough time
to convert the files? (Just guessing.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"KJAY" wrote:

I need to convert some enable files from 1994 to word 2003. Anyone
have
any
ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Kjay,

MS did provide a supplemental converter for Enable word processing files (never a built in function) through Office 97, but not
included and it was still obtainable as a supplemental converter through Office 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121000/en-us?FR=1
if I recall correctly.

A lot of the older converters were purged when MS started looking more closely at possible security holes in them and those with
little useage or without documentation, including Enable, were pulled by MS, although it may still be available on the web.

There are still 3rd party conversion products available for Enable files, including http://acii.com

============
"KJAY" wrote in message ...
They went out of business 12 plus years ago. At the time they made a deal with MS and provided a converter from enable to word. I
understand that word 6.0 had the converter built in, but was wondering why word 2003 no longer has
it.
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Send 2007 Office System Beta 2 feedback directly to the MS Office 2007 product team with this feedback tool:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

4. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net