Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly Shelly is offline

Default Link to PowerPoint

When I open a PowerPoint presentation (which I created, and which resides on
my hard drive) from a hyperlink in Word, it always opens it in slideshow
view. The link works fine from other applications (like an Outlook e-mail). I
want it to open in edit mode so I can work on the presentation. Why is that
not happening? HELP!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly Shelly is offline

It ends in .PPT. And I saved it as a PowerPoint file (not a slideshow). It
opens fine when I navigate to it manually or link to it from other
applications.

Shelly

Shelly wrote:

When I open a PowerPoint presentation (which I created, and which resides on
my hard drive) from a hyperlink in Word, it always opens it in slideshow
view. The link works fine from other applications (like an Outlook e-mail). I
want it to open in edit mode so I can work on the presentation. Why is that
not happening? HELP!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly Shelly is offline

OOPS. I sent my previous message too quickly. It is definitely a .ppt, but
opens as a slide show from Excel, too. It opens in edit mode when it's
invoked from a link in an e-mail message, though.

Shelly

Shelly wrote:

When I open a PowerPoint presentation (which I created, and which resides on
my hard drive) from a hyperlink in Word, it always opens it in slideshow
view. The link works fine from other applications (like an Outlook e-mail). I
want it to open in edit mode so I can work on the presentation. Why is that
not happening? HELP!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly Shelly is offline

Dear Garfield-n-odie--Thanks in advance for trying to help. Here is more
info; it may be more info than needed, but ...

The first sample is for a file on my own hard drive, the second is on a
shared network drive (mapped as "M"). I created both, with PowerPoint on my
own machine. They both open in slideshow mode from a hyperlink in an Office
2003 document (Word and Excel). The Link to: selection for both shows
"Existing file or Web Page".

1--file on my own hard drive. Word document containing link is in the same
folder.
The "Text to display:" is "C:\Documents and Settings\scrossen\My
Documents\Powerpoint\recat before.ppt"
Hovering over the link shows "file:///C:\Documents and Settings\scrossen\My
Documents\Powerpoint\recat before.ppt"
The "Address:" info is recat%20before.ppt

2--file on a networked drive:
The "Text to display:" and the "Address:" both show
\\Fileserver1\Marketing\ACR-Campus\Vertex email blasts.ppt
The drop-down selection for the "Address:" is M:\ACR-Campus\Vertex email
blasts.ppt
Hovering over the link shows
"file:///\\Fileserver1\Marketing\ACR-Campus\Vertex email blasts.ppt"

Shelly wrote:

When I open a PowerPoint presentation (which I created, and which resides on
my hard drive) from a hyperlink in Word, it always opens it in slideshow
view. The link works fine from other applications (like an Outlook e-mail). I
want it to open in edit mode so I can work on the presentation. Why is that
not happening? HELP!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly Shelly is offline

THANK YOU for your help. I think I found the problem -- which is NOT in Word,
but seems to be a "feature" in PowerPoint. Even a hyperlink within PowerPoint
to another PowerPoint document does the same thing--opens in slideshow mode.
I'll post this question on the PowerPoint forum.

Once again, thanks for trying to help!!!

Shelly

Shelly wrote:

When I open a PowerPoint presentation (which I created, and which resides on
my hard drive) from a hyperlink in Word, it always opens it in slideshow
view. The link works fine from other applications (like an Outlook e-mail). I
want it to open in edit mode so I can work on the presentation. Why is that
not happening? HELP!!!!!!!

how to get around broken link? gs Microsoft Word Help 6 May 5th 06 02:39 PM
Linking drawing between Word and Powerpoint Gill Microsoft Word Help 0 December 16th 05 12:04 PM
Link Link Link Karla New Users 0 May 17th 05 10:20 AM
Link Link Link Karla Formatting Long Documents 0 May 17th 05 10:20 AM
webpage link jessica Microsoft Word Help 1 March 23rd 05 02:03 AM