Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

Default Formatting Form Fields

How do I allow users to change font size/add bold to a text form field?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you want users to be able to format text freely, insert an
unprotected section in the form document.

However, if you want users to be able to format any text in a
document, the best solution would be not to use a protected form. Lay
out the template as form, but, instead of protecting it, use
MACROBUTTON fields to create simple click here prompts. See the "Use
Macrobutton field without a macro" section in the article at
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dee" wrote in message
How do I allow users to change font size/add bold to a text form
field?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

Thanks Stefan.

How do I put an unprotected area in to a protected form?

"Dee" wrote in message
How do I allow users to change font size/add bold to a text form
field?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll need to insert section breaks (they can be Continuous) before and
after the portion you want unprotected. Then, instead of using the padlock
button on the Forms toolbar to protect the form, use Tools | Protect
Document. In Word 2000 and earlier, this opens a fairly straightforward
dialog in which you can choose the sections to be protected. In Word 2002
and 2003, you get the Protect Document task pane, in which you must check
the box for "Editing restrictions," then select "Filling in forms." In
documents with more than one section, you'll then get a link to open a
dialog to choose the sections to be protected; leave your newly created
section unprotected.