Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
schnellfahrer schnellfahrer is offline

Default Duplicate pages in document Winword 2003

Winword 2003:
Is there any way to duplicate each page in a word document?
The document consists of a hundred pages or more. Instead of seeing pages
1,2,3,4 etc we want to see pages 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4 etc.

All tips are appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no concept of page in Word. Displayed 'pages' are made up of
several elements and are not easily manipulated as a whole.
What is the purpose of this exercise and what is contained in the document?
Does it have headers/footers? Graphics? Tables? Section Breaks?

schnellfahrer wrote:
Winword 2003:
Is there any way to duplicate each page in a word document?
The document consists of a hundred pages or more. Instead of seeing
pages 1,2,3,4 etc we want to see pages 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4 etc.

All tips are appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
schnellfahrer schnellfahrer is offline

Thanks for your reply Graham.

The document consists of tables, pictures, text etc.
The purpose is to prepare the document for printing for one of our cutomers.
As a cost saving option he wants to print duplex to A4 paper and then cut
the prints in half to A5 size. To get the "pages" in the right order we need
to double up each of the "pages" in his document. This will put two copies of
"page 1" on one side of the sheet of paper and two copies of "page 2" on the
other side of the sheet of paper.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
schnellfahrer schnellfahrer is offline

That's a very good suggestion.
It will work on smaller documents, but I can only input max. 255 characters
in the page range dialog box. So this leaves me with finding a different
solution for the larger documents (100+ pages).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Speedy

schnellfahrer wrote:
That's a very good suggestion.
It will work on smaller documents, but I can only input max. 255 characters
in the page range dialog box. So this leaves me with finding a different
solution for the larger documents (100+ pages).

For a recurring target with large documents, I guess a proper Imposition
software would be called for.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Back in the day with old unsophisticated printers, telling it NOT to collate
multiple copies might have produced a similar result.

If you can find that setting in a printer that also allows 2 pages per
sheet, it might work. (I seem to have the necessary settings, but maybe
they cancelled each other out? Something glitched, anyhow)

Otherwise, use Graham's manual method, but print only 50 pages at a time, or
somesuch.

On 9/14/06 12:42 AM, "schnellfahrer" wrote:

Thanks for your reply Graham.

The document consists of tables, pictures, text etc.
The purpose is to prepare the document for printing for one of our cutomers.
As a cost saving option he wants to print duplex to A4 paper and then cut
the prints in half to A5 size. To get the "pages" in the right order we need
to double up each of the "pages" in his document. This will put two copies of
"page 1" on one side of the sheet of paper and two copies of "page 2" on the
other side of the sheet of paper.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This was my thought, and it's worth a try. In the Print dialog, set the
number of copies as 2, and clear the "Collate" check box; then select "2
pages per sheet." Start with a limited page range to test this.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/