Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Briaela Briaela is offline

Default How can I go back to the default dictionary?

I have added terms to the dictionary. I want to delete all of those terms and
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/EditCustomDic.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Briaela wrote:
I have added terms to the dictionary. I want to delete all of those
terms and go back to the default dictionary. What is the easiest way
to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Briaela Briaela is offline

Hi,
I know that I can go in and delete them one by one and then save, but that
would take a long time. Is there any other way to delete all of my entries
without deleting the whole dictionary? Thanks

Briaela wrote:
I have added terms to the dictionary. I want to delete all of those
terms and go back to the default dictionary. What is the easiest way
to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, you can open the dictionary and select all the text and press Delete
once. Select the first entry, scroll to the last entry, press Shift and
click on the last entry, and they will all be selected..

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/EditCustomDic.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Briaela wrote:
I have added terms to the dictionary. I want to delete all of those
terms and go back to the default dictionary. What is the easiest way
to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Instead of clicking the Modify button in the Custom Dictionaries dialog,
make a note of the file path shown below the list box. If it looks like
C:\...\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof\Custom.dic, then the actual path is
C:\Documents and Settings\your login name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Proof\Custom.dic. Close down Word.

In order to see this file in Windows Explorer, you have to use the Explorer
menu item Tools Folder Options and click "Show hidden folders and files".
Then go to that file and open it with Notepad (it's just a text file with a
different extension). Delete all the contents (these are only the words you
added, not anything in the main dictionary) and save the empty file. Close
Notepad and reopen Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman