Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoffrey Geoffrey is offline

Default Want to find and add, not replace

I am trying to do a "find and replace" but actually not replacing but adding
a couple of characters. Specifically, I am trying to find a paragraph mark
followed by any number then adding a character in front of the number without
deleting the number found.

Can you help me do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll need wildcards in order to insert text in the middle of found text.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/UsingWildcards.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

"Geoffrey" wrote in message
I am trying to do a "find and replace" but actually not replacing but

adding
a couple of characters. Specifically, I am trying to find a paragraph mark
followed by any number then adding a character in front of the number

without
deleting the number found.

Can you help me do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie-Ann Leslie-Ann is offline

Thanks for the wildcard information. Unfortunately, my need is still unmet.
Can you help?

I need to find all instances of text that is in a certain font (which I know
how to do) and replace it with the SAME text in a different font AND with a
superscript number.

Thanks!

"Geoffrey" wrote in message
I am trying to do a "find and replace" but actually not replacing but

adding
a couple of characters. Specifically, I am trying to find a paragraph mark
followed by any number then adding a character in front of the number

without
deleting the number found.

Can you help me do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, you can add to the found text by using ^& (for "Find what text") plus
whatever you want to add. And you can change the font by adding that to the
"Replace with" definition. But unless you want all of the replacement to be
superscript, you can't do it in a single operation. You could add the number
with some extraneous text, then run another replace to find the
number+extraneous text, remove the extraneous text, and format as
superscript.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need wildcards in order to insert text in the middle of found

text.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/UsingWildcards.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

newsgroup so