Neva

Default How to add a footnote to a cell in an embedded excel file

How do I add a footnote to a cell in a Word table that is an embedded excel
file? (Or in a Word table that is linked to an excel file if that is
easier.) Every time I try to add a footnote to my embedded tables it erases
the infomation in the cell. This works fine with other tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TmV2YQ==?=,

How do I add a footnote to a cell in a Word table that is an embedded excel
file? (Or in a Word table that is linked to an excel file if that is
easier.) Every time I try to add a footnote to my embedded tables it erases
the infomation in the cell. This works fine with other tables

Word's footnote functionality won't be available at all for an embedded table.
And embedded table is actually an EXCEL-thingy, that "looks through a window"
so that you can see it in a Word document.

When you update a linked table, all information not in the original Excel table
will be thrown out. So a footnote won't work for that, either.

Your only option would be to unlink or lock an linked table, prior to printing,
and insert the footnote.

Unlink: select, then Shift+Ctrl+F9
Lock: select, then Ctrl+F11
Unlock: select, then Shift+Ctrl+F11