Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mspiegel mspiegel is offline

Default merge data into an existing table

I have data in an Excel file that I want to merge into an existing table in
Word. The data is a list of names that I want merged into the first column of
the table. All I've been able to achieve so far is 400 tables with one name
each.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?bXNwaWVnZWw=?=,

I have data in an Excel file that I want to merge into an existing table in
Word. The data is a list of names that I want merged into the first column of
the table. All I've been able to achieve so far is 400 tables with one name
each.

You can't do this with mail merge. Best would probably be to set up a one-cell
table as a CATALOG type of merge and merge to a new document. That should give
you a one-column table with the information. Select the column and COPY.

Insert a new document in your existing table and click in the first cell. PASTE.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)