Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
petermcwerner petermcwerner is offline

Default Anchoring a table (Word 2002)

How do I anchor a table to a text outside the table so it moves with the text?

Example:

Heading 1
-------------------
| Table |
-------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Tables go with the flow of the document anyway. Do you want to anchor to
text that is not next to the table or something? Can you give a bit more
detail about what you want?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"petermcwerner" wrote in message
How do I anchor a table to a text outside the table so it moves with the

text?

Example:

Heading 1
-------------------
| Table |
-------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
petermcwerner petermcwerner is offline

Thank you Tony,

Can you give a bit more detail about what you want?

In a document I had placed tables where they belonged. Upen re-opening the
docunment, all the tables were at the top of the document and all the text
after the tables, completely out of context.

What I want:

****************************

Table of content

First Heading 1
-----------
| Table 1 |
-----------

text
text
text

Second Heading 1
-----------
| Table 2 |
-----------
text
text

etc

What I got when I re-opened the saved document:

Table of Content
-----------
Table 1
-----------
-----------
Table 2
-----------
-----------
Table 3
-----------
-----------
Table 4
-----------
Heading 1
text

Heading 2
text

etc.

Cheers
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

I don't know what can cause that. It isn't normal. Are the tables inside the
TOC or after it?

After

Cheers
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Sounds as if the tables have become dislodged and wrapped. This happens
easily in Print Layout view; if you accidentally nudge the table handle, the
table becomes wrapped. Right-click on the table, select Table Properties,
Table tab, and set text wrapping to None. If you placed the tables by
dragging them, then they were certainly wrapped. You may want to place them
instead by selecting the entire table (you can do this by clicking on the
table handle), then using Ctrl+X to Cut the table and Ctrl+V to paste it
where you want it. If you *want* the tables wrapped, then use the
Positioning... button on the Table tab of Table Properties to specify the
exact position relative to the margin, page, column, or paragraph.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
petermcwerner petermcwerner is offline

Thank you Suzanne, that solved the problem.
Cheers
Peter