Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Janie Janie is offline

Default Using Insert Database

Using the Databse Toolbar, I've picked Insert Database. I've selected the
Access datatable I want, I've specified my filter options, I've specified the
fields I want included in my inserted database. The problem is ALL the
fields in the table appear! Why? I should by getting ONLY the columns I
have specified, right?

Please set me straight!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SmFuaWU=?=,

Using the Databse Toolbar, I've picked Insert Database. I've selected the
Access datatable I want, I've specified my filter options, I've specified the
fields I want included in my inserted database. The problem is ALL the
fields in the table appear! Why? I should by getting ONLY the columns I
have specified, right?

Usually... Which version of Word and Access are you using?

If you insert the database as a field (last step) you get a Database field.
Press Alt+F9 to see the field code that maintains the link. You should find a
"Select" SQL statement in the field code that defines what's picked up from the
database. Do you see the fields listed in it?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)