Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
lr_glasgow lr_glasgow is offline

Default rows do not break across pages

I have a word 2003 file. The table rows won't break across pages when I open
it in Word 2000. I've tried everything in the table properties dialog/format
paragraph menu (checking and unchecking everything) I have also tried
saving the original file to previous Word versions and rtf format.

The table has 2 rows and 4 columns, and lots of multilevel bulleted lists
within it's cells

I thing I've noticed is that the table is inserted into the header part of
the document, I have to tried cut and paste it out of the header section and
into the main document to no avail - it just goes back into the header. The
table also has a updateable field marked 'private' in the first cell and in
other parts of the document

Please note: I did not create the file and cannot post the file as it is of
a confidential nature. Any help would truly be appreciated as I am stuck
with this one...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Also make sure that some table rows are *not* set to fixed heights
(Table | Table Properties, Row tab), since this will prevent these
rows from breaking across pages.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On the Table tab of Table Properties, make sure the wrapping is set

to None.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.