Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default Doc Shows Colour but prints only in black

I have looked through the posts and haven't found my answer.
So here goes. I two new cartridges in the printer
Documents from any other program print fine.
But from word I can colour code key parts of the docment and it always
prints in black.

Can anyone assist. BTW this is a great forum

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Check your printer settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"karen" wrote in message
I have looked through the posts and haven't found my answer.
So here goes. I two new cartridges in the printer
Documents from any other program print fine.
But from word I can colour code key parts of the docment and it always
prints in black.

Can anyone assist. BTW this is a great forum

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

That was the first thing that I did. Then verified that the printer did
print correct colour in other programs. any other ideas???

"karen" wrote in message
I have looked through the posts and haven't found my answer.
So here goes. I two new cartridges in the printer
Documents from any other program print fine.
But from word I can colour code key parts of the docment and it always
prints in black.

Can anyone assist. BTW this is a great forum

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Tools - Options - Print, is Draft output enabled? If so, remove the check
and see if that resolves the problem.

If that's not the problem, when you choose File - Print Preview, does text
colour display correctly there?

Did the problem recently begin, or has it never worked (as far as you know)?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"karen" wrote in message
I have looked through the posts and haven't found my answer.
So here goes. I two new cartridges in the printer
Documents from any other program print fine.
But from word I can colour code key parts of the docment and it always
prints in black.

Can anyone assist. BTW this is a great forum

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does it preview in color?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"karen" wrote in message
I have looked through the posts and haven't found my answer.
So here goes. I two new cartridges in the printer
Documents from any other program print fine.
But from word I can colour code key parts of the docment and it always
prints in black.

Can anyone assist. BTW this is a great forum

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Karen has already said that "Draft output" is not checked, and Word displays
color objects in color even when they're going to print in B&W (on a
monochrome printer, for example).

"karen" wrote in message
I have looked through the posts and haven't found my answer.
So here goes. I two new cartridges in the printer
Documents from any other program print fine.
But from word I can colour code key parts of the docment and it

always
prints in black.

Can anyone assist. BTW this is a great forum

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Karen,

What version of Windows and Word and what make/model of printer are you using?

If you use File=Print=[Properties] in Word with that document opent what are the color settings there for printing the current
document you have open?

Does the problem happen with any document or only the one?

"karen" wrote in message ...
That was the first thing that I did. Then verified that the printer did print correct colour in other programs. any other
ideas???
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP