Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ItsBarbara ItsBarbara is offline

Default Tools options need them set

I work in a school and every teacher needs to complete a goals document. I
have created the template, but they need to set Hidden text, uncheck
control-click for hyperlink, and set field shading to always.

I know that some feel this is "rude", but you must understand my users. It
is easier to send directions for changing these back to the few that would
even notice these things, than to try to train the remainder to change the
setting before beginning their goals.
This group has been great.....can anyone help me with this one?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Wouldn't it make more sense to use an actual protected form for this? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"ItsBarbara" wrote in message
news
I work in a school and every teacher needs to complete a goals document. I
have created the template, but they need to set Hidden text, uncheck
control-click for hyperlink, and set field shading to always.

I know that some feel this is "rude", but you must understand my users. It
is easier to send directions for changing these back to the few that would
even notice these things, than to try to train the remainder to change the
setting before beginning their goals.
This group has been great.....can anyone help me with this one?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ItsBarbara ItsBarbara is offline

Yes, if I were creating it!!! I'm stuck with a "District Form" that my
Principal wants made userfriendly, therefore, I am jumping through hoops.
Basic form must stay the same and there are tables where certain columns
require too much data for a form field.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Wouldn't it make more sense to use an actual protected form for this? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"ItsBarbara" wrote in message
news
I work in a school and every teacher needs to complete a goals document. I
have created the template, but they need to set Hidden text, uncheck
control-click for hyperlink, and set field shading to always.

I know that some feel this is "rude", but you must understand my users. It
is easier to send directions for changing these back to the few that would
even notice these things, than to try to train the remainder to change the
setting before beginning their goals.
This group has been great.....can anyone help me with this one?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

AFAIK, there is no limit to the amount of text you can enter in a text form
field. But you could also leave free-entry spaces in unprotected sections of
the form.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Wouldn't it make more sense to use an actual protected form for this?

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and

especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ItsBarbara" wrote in message
news
I work in a school and every teacher needs to complete a goals

document. I
have created the template, but they need to set Hidden text, uncheck
control-click for hyperlink, and set field shading to always.

I know that some feel this is "rude", but you must understand my

users. It
is easier to send directions for changing these back to the few that

would
even notice these things, than to try to train the remainder to change

the
setting before beginning their goals.
This group has been great.....can anyone help me with this one?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ItsBarbara ItsBarbara is offline

But there are limits to drop-down sizes and I need to limit choices through
drop down. Can I put autotextlist into a formtextfield???? I tried and could
not get it to work. Since I need longer dropdown in adjacent columns in a
table.

I guess you are telling me that there is no way to set the options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Wouldn't it make more sense to use an actual protected form for this?

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and

especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news I work in a school and every teacher needs to complete a goals