Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Samantha Samantha is offline

Default Excel Tables in Word

Hi,

I have created a very large table in word and now I need to copy it
into my word document. The problem is that when I insert the table
into word (copy, paste) the table is so large. The fonts are the same.
I don't understand why it is so huge in word. I have also tried
copying the table as a picture but the same thing. When I insert the
files as an object, the situation gets even worse.

The excel table span 5 pages landscape, letter. What is the best way
to show this table in my word document, without using a ton of pages.

Thank you,
Samm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Maybe you can do it by using the table as the datasource for a catalog (or
in Word XP and later it is called "directory") type mailmerge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Samantha" wrote in message
Hi,

I have created a very large table in word and now I need to copy it
into my word document. The problem is that when I insert the table
into word (copy, paste) the table is so large. The fonts are the same.
I don't understand why it is so huge in word. I have also tried
copying the table as a picture but the same thing. When I insert the
files as an object, the situation gets even worse.

The excel table span 5 pages landscape, letter. What is the best way
to show this table in my word document, without using a ton of pages.

Thank you,
Samm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?U2FtYW50aGE=?=,

I have created a very large table in word and now I need to copy it
into my word document. The problem is that when I insert the table
into word (copy, paste) the table is so large. The fonts are the same.
I don't understand why it is so huge in word.

Is the Zoom perhaps not 100% in Excel?

The excel table span 5 pages landscape, letter.

Are you pasting into Word pages in landscape orientation, or portrait?

Have you checked the margins in the Word document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Samantha Samantha is offline

Thanks Cindy,

The zoom was 100%, I had to finish it yesterday so what I did was just PDF'd
the document and the tables from excel (because they would print properly)
then added them together.
That didn't really solve the problem, but it was a solution.

Thanks for all the help

Hi ?B?U2FtYW50aGE=?=,