Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarkN MarkN is offline

Default Inserting PowerPoint

Hello,

I have a 20 slide PowerPoint presentation that I would like to insert as an
appendix to a Word document. I would like each slide on its own page in the
Word document. Is there a way that this can be easily achieved (while keeping
the overall size of the Word document to a minimum). I am not able to link
the presentation to the document.
--
Thanks,
MarkN
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stuartbell stuartbell is offline

Mark:

I would like each slide on its own page in the Word document.

Step A: Open the PowerPoint document, File|Send to|Microsoft Office
Word

will result in the creation of a WORD document with one slide on each
page. You can link this document to your body document as an appendix.

Unfortunately, the created document will have an internal JPEG
representation for each slide - so it may be quite large. If you plan
on frequent updates, live with the large file (maybe 30 meg or so). If
you need a smaller file:

1. Open the WORD document created by the above process
2. Save it as a WEB page - create a folder just for this saved
document
3. Close all instances of word running on your machine
4. Open word and point it to the lone file in the folder you created -
it will automatically incorporate the other files in the folder WORD
created as part of the HTML save process
5. Save the resultant WORD file as a ".DOC" file - it is about 20% the
size of the word file created above in step A.

If you have access to WORD 2007, please try this for me and send me the
resultant file sizes. While this procedure works, it must (for my
environment) be repeated every time a change is made to the PowerPoint
slide.

Enjoy, Stu Bell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarkN MarkN is offline

Thanks for your response Stuart,
I am currently copying each slide in PowerPoint onto the clipboard and then
pasting into the Word document. I then use the compression tool in Word to
reduce the file size.

Sorry, I don't have access to 2007.
--
Thanks,