Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reggiee Reggiee is offline

Default Printing

Hi All

I am trying to print pages 196-198 of a word document and cant.

Word will let me print the current page and will let me type in 196-198 in
the print window and happily works away pretending to print the pages but
simply does not print them.

Ive tried printing to different printers to no avail.

Ive tried creating a small word document and printing say pages 4-6 of that
and thats fine so it seems to be to do with that document?

Any clues?

Reggiee
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Does the document contain any section breaks? See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...leSections.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Reggiee wrote:
Hi All

I am trying to print pages 196-198 of a word document and cant.

Word will let me print the current page and will let me type in
196-198 in the print window and happily works away pretending to
print the pages but simply does not print them.

Ive tried printing to different printers to no avail.

Ive tried creating a small word document and printing say pages 4-6
of that and thats fine so it seems to be to do with that document?

Any clues?

Reggiee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reggiee Reggiee is offline

No but it is created by a mail merge document if that is similar in so far as
it might use section breaks between different data?

Reggiee wrote:
Hi All

I am trying to print pages 196-198 of a word document and cant.

Word will let me print the current page and will let me type in
196-198 in the print window and happily works away pretending to
print the pages but simply does not print them.

Ive tried printing to different printers to no avail.

Ive tried creating a small word document and printing say pages 4-6
of that and thats fine so it seems to be to do with that document?

Any clues?

Reggiee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Mail Merge does indeed create each merged record as a separate section so if
your merges are a page each try printing sections 196 to 198 (s196-s198) -
if each record produces more pages, adjust accordingly (if they are three
pages each, perhaps just s66, for example).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Does the document contain any section breaks? See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...leSections.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman