Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherry Sherry is offline

Default stop "Getting Started" window

I hate the "Getting Started" window that pops up on the left of my screen
when I open Word. How do I stop it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word, click on Tools | Options | View tab | uncheck the
"Startup Task Pane" box | OK. If that doesn't help, then see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...owTaskPane.htm .

Sherry wrote:

I hate the "Getting Started" window that pops up on the left of my screen
when I open Word. How do I stop it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherry Sherry is offline

You're the greatest!! Thanks!

"Sherry" wrote:

I hate the "Getting Started" window that pops up on the left of my screen
when I open Word. How do I stop it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Tools | Options| View tab and under Show remove the check mark in the
Startup Task Pane check box. Close Word and reopen. Does this help?
--
Rae Drysdale

Sherry wrote:

I hate the "Getting Started" window that pops up on the left of my screen
when I open Word. How do I stop it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spice spice is offline

"Sherry" wrote:

I hate the "Getting Started" window that pops up on the left of my screen
when I open Word. How do I stop it?

I also hate the "Getting Started" window that pops up at the right side of
the screen. My problem is not only how to erase it permanently, but what
about the "OPEN" which appears at the bottom of the "Getting Started"
screen. I open my resume and cover letter in word and it appears in the open
window at work... HELP! I need to erase it.