Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
truckrwolf truckrwolf is offline

Default Templates option

I'm using O2007B2TR on Windows XP. I love the new look! Like everyone else
i got used to the "template folder" and "start new office document". I would
like to have these back, PLEASE! I have made several templated for
several of the office programs, word, excel, publisher, etc. How can I
access these templates from O2007B2TR, or is it still in the works?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreicated!
--
truckrwolf
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?dHJ1Y2tyd29sZg==?=,

I'm using O2007B2TR on Windows XP. I love the new look! Like everyone else
i got used to the "template folder" and "start new office document". I would
like to have these back, PLEASE! I have made several templated for
several of the office programs, word, excel, publisher, etc. How can I
access these templates from O2007B2TR, or is it still in the works?

Office 2007 still has template folder locations. Have you tried looking under
your user profile?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
truckrwolf truckrwolf is offline

Hi and thankyou, I think my question is more regarding the convience that
these folders offered they were always in the start menu. Would it be
possible to put a short cut on the start. I didn't see the templates. I'm
assuming the original was deleted with O2003? Yes I do have back up copies
of these particular templates.
Thanks again for the assistance.
--
truckrwolf

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?dHJ1Y2tyd29sZg==?=,

I'm using O2007B2TR on Windows XP. I love the new look! Like everyone else
i got used to the "template folder" and "start new office document". I would
like to have these back, PLEASE! I have made several templated for
several of the office programs, word, excel, publisher, etc. How can I
access these templates from O2007B2TR, or is it still in the works?

Office 2007 still has template folder locations. Have you tried looking under
your user profile?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?dHJ1Y2tyd29sZg==?=,

I think my question is more regarding the convience that
these folders offered they were always in the start menu. Would it be
possible to put a short cut on the start. I didn't see the templates. I'm
assuming the original was deleted with O2003? Yes I do have back up copies
of these particular templates.

Aha. Yes, as I recall this functionality was removed in Office 2007 (although
I can't swear to it, as things do change from beta to beta). I know the
"New..." entry in the Right-click menu (Windows Explorer) still lists Excel
and Word documents. The Excel one actually works :-) The one for Word
generates a plain text file, rather than a true Word document, and I
understand this is *not* going to be fixed (although you never know...).

You could certainly create a shortcut to the folder where these templates are
found and drag it into the START menu.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
truckrwolf truckrwolf is offline

Hi, great! Now the second part of that question, I found my original
templates still on the comp. Would the "new shortcut" to the original file
create any possible conflicts, they are located in a file labeled "1033"?
--
truckrwolf

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?dHJ1Y2tyd29sZg==?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?dHJ1Y2tyd29sZg==?=,

I found my original
templates still on the comp. Would the "new shortcut" to the original file
create any possible conflicts, they are located in a file labeled "1033"?

I'm not sure what kinds of conflicts you're thinking of, but there shouldn't
be any, in a general way. Any individual template could be damaged in such a
way that Word 2007 isn't able to use it, but that's just a "theoretical"
possibility, not a conflict in the way I interpret the term.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

All users access to template Jill D Microsoft Word Help 6 December 7th 05 05:41 PM
Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
Get 'Workgroup Templates' to show up in 'New Document' Task Pane? Brian In Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 05 04:01 AM
How do I turn off the MS Word templates ?? Jay Freedman Microsoft Word Help 0 June 30th 05 03:52 PM
Templates in too many languages. Only need English. capt_dalton Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 10:29 PM