Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
GM GM is offline

Default AutoFit to Contents for Word 2002

Hi...

I open up a webpage table forum in IE 6.0 and when I pasted into Word 2002,
I cannot get the document to AUTOFit the table forum into portrait. How can
I make it so that everytime I cut and past a table it'll autofit into Word?

Any ideas? I read on some posting that AUTOFIT is a featurein Word 2003?
Thanks for all your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word, after you've pasted the data, click Table | AutoFit | AutoFit
to Window. Note, however, that a pasted web page may consist of nested
tables, which means you are pasting a very complex structure. If you
just want the text of the web page, you can use Edit | Paste Special
instead, and choose to paste as "Unformatted text."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GM" wrote in message
Hi...

I open up a webpage table forum in IE 6.0 and when I pasted into

Word 2002,
I cannot get the document to AUTOFit the table forum into portrait.

How can
I make it so that everytime I cut and past a table it'll autofit

into Word?

Any ideas? I read on some posting that AUTOFIT is a featurein Word

2003?
Thanks for all your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
GM GM is offline

I already know these steps. I appreicates your effort. What I wanted and to
be sure is that Word 2002 and Word 2003 have no difference when cut and paste
from a HTML page. It is really annoying when I cut and pasted into Word
2003, the application automatially resize to fit a one-page portrait
document. But for some reason on the other PC that got Word 2002 it doesn't
autofit. WHY? Is there a patch that I need to update?

"GM" wrote in message
Hi...

I open up a webpage table forum in IE 6.0 and when I pasted into

Word 2002,
I cannot get the document to AUTOFit the table forum into portrait.

How can
I make it so that everytime I cut and past a table it'll autofit

into Word?

Any ideas? I read on some posting that AUTOFIT is a featurein Word

2003?
Thanks for all your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See if the following articles help:

Options used for "Smart cut and paste" settings in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297680/en-us

How Paste Options works in Microsoft Word 2002 and 2003
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ionsWorks.html

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP