Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ch ch is offline

Default How do I stop the automatic addition of another row in Tables?

I want a table with only 3 columns and 3 rows. I insert my information in
each column and hit the Tab key to go to another column or row. When I am in
the very last row and column and I hit the Tab key, another row is created.
How can I turn off this automatic addition feature? This is in Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Ch,
To the best of my knowledge this can't be turned off. Maybe press ctrl+end
to get past the table.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"ch" schreef in bericht
I want a table with only 3 columns and 3 rows. I insert my information in
each column and hit the Tab key to go to another column or row. When I am
in
the very last row and column and I hit the Tab key, another row is
created.
How can I turn off this automatic addition feature? This is in Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You can't turn it off - but you can intercept its action and make it do
whatever you please. Create a macro called NextCell and it will run when you
press Tab in a Table.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"ch" wrote in message
I want a table with only 3 columns and 3 rows. I insert my information in
each column and hit the Tab key to go to another column or row. When I am

in
the very last row and column and I hit the Tab key, another row is

created.
How can I turn off this automatic addition feature? This is in Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Simplest thing is to avoid pressing the Tab key , but just Undo (Ctrl+Z)
if U-Do :-} - or get in the habit of pressing Rt or Dn Arrow instead of Tab.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/6/06 10:27 AM, in article