Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Linda S. Linda S. is offline

Default Auto fit table

I used to be able to copy an Excel table to a word document and click "auto
fit to page" on 2002 Word. Now on the 2003 Word I can't seem to find that
option. Any suggestions?
--
Linda
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Linda S,
Still works, right click the table choose AutoFit - AutoFit to page. Or use
the menu Table - AutoFit - AutoFit to Page.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
I used to be able to copy an Excel table to a word document and click "auto
fit to page" on 2002 Word. Now on the 2003 Word I can't seem to find that
option. Any suggestions?
--
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Linda S. Linda S. is offline

I did try the "table-autofit-auto fit to page" option as well as right click
on the table. However, the auto-fit to page option was not give.
--
Linda

"Linda S." wrote:

I used to be able to copy an Excel table to a word document and click "auto
fit to page" on 2002 Word. Now on the 2003 Word I can't seem to find that
option. Any suggestions?
--
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Linda S,
Maybe the option just got deleted or moved. Try this, right click to any
toolbar, choose customize, on the toolbar tab, select menu toolbar, click on
button on your right to return the menu to it's original state, it's the
last one.
If this does not help, come back and we will try something else.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Linda S." schreef in bericht

"Linda S." wrote:

I used to be able to copy an Excel table to a word document and click
"auto
fit to page" on 2002 Word. Now on the 2003 Word I can't seem to find
that
option. Any suggestions?
--
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Linda;
If you have Word 2002/2003, like you claim you do, it should be there. On
the toolbar tab you see a list of all the toolbars, one of them (it is
checked by default, and you cannot uncheck it) is aimed at the menu. Don't
know the exact name as I am using the Dutch version here and I am
translating best I can.
Is this the only thing that is missing in your menu's?

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Linda S." schreef in bericht

"Linda S." wrote:

I used to be able to copy an Excel table to a word document and click
"auto
fit to page" on 2002 Word. Now on the 2003 Word I can't seem to find
that
option. Any suggestions?
--
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It is Menu Bar, and it is just below Mail Merge, which is the last toolbar
that shows in the list unless you scroll it, the first at the top when I
click down to show the bottom half of the list (but I have at least one
add-in toolbar in the list).

"Linda S." wrote:

I used to be able to copy an Excel table to a word document and

click
"auto
fit to page" on 2002 Word. Now on the 2003 Word I can't seem to

find
that
option. Any suggestions?
--
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Suzanne,
Thanks Suzanne for clearing that up. Hopefully Linda will find it this time.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schreef in bericht
It is Menu Bar, and it is just below Mail Merge, which is the last toolbar
that shows in the list unless you scroll it, the first at the top when I
click down to show the bottom half of the list (but I have at least one
add-in toolbar in the list).

so
all may benefit.

"Linda S." wrote:

I used to be able to copy an Excel table to a word document and

click
"auto
fit to page" on 2002 Word. Now on the 2003 Word I can't seem to

find
that
option. Any suggestions?
--
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I see I got a little mixed up with antecedents there (Menu Bar, not Mail
Merge, is the first in the second half for me, though Mail Merge might well
be for someone without add-ins), but the main point is that you wouldn't see
Menu Bar unless you scroll.

"Luc" wrote in message
Suzanne,
Thanks Suzanne for clearing that up. Hopefully Linda will find it this

time.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schreef in bericht
It is Menu Bar, and it is just below Mail Merge, which is the last

toolbar
that shows in the list unless you scroll it, the first at the top when I
click down to show the bottom half of the list (but I have at least one
add-in toolbar in the list).

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Linda S." wrote:

I used to be able to copy an Excel table to a word document and

click
"auto
fit to page" on 2002 Word. Now on the 2003 Word I can't seem to

find
that
option. Any suggestions?
--
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Linda S. Linda S. is offline

Ok,
I found the menu toolbar and clicked "reset". However, that didn't change
anything. When I click on tables, auto fit I get the following options only:
auto fit to contents, autofit to window, fixed column width, distribute rows
evenly and distribute columns evenly. So far, this is the only thing I see
missing in my program!
Thanks for all the suggestions so far...
--
Linda

"Linda S." wrote:

I used to be able to copy an Excel table to a word document and
click
"auto
fit to page" on 2002 Word. Now on the 2003 Word I can't seem to
find
that
option. Any suggestions?
--
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Linda,
That's all there is, at least in the Dutch version. In other words there is
nothing missing in your menu. Have you tried AutoFit to Window, which should
do what you want, get the table to span the whole width of the page. Can
come in handy when you change page orientation for instance.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)