Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ClaesG ClaesG is offline

Default Change format of several tables swiftly?

I receive Word documents with varying layout and structure, which I normalise
by moving their contents to a standardised template. Formatting the normal
text elements is done by applying the appropriate paragraph styles, a rather
quick and easy task. But many of the documents contain tables, which have to
be indented and given new column widths. All tables are mutually identical in
structure, but since there can be more than a hundred of them in one
document, I would dearly like to have some means of doing the change for each
table as easy as applying a style to a paragraph. I have tried to record a
macro (that's unfortunately the current extent of my macro know-how), but to
no avail. And the so called table styles do not seem to merit their proud
designation. What I would like to do in one swoop for each table is

* indent to a known value,
* set the width of each column to known values,
* disable Automatic resize,
* disable Allow rows to break across pages,
* apply my own style for the text,
* set Keep with next on all rows but the last one.

As of now I have to do this manually for each and every one of the tables.
Any tip on how I could achieve at least part of the above wish list is really
appreciated! I run Word 2003 in Windows XP.
//Claes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Q2xhZXNH?=,

What I would like to do in one swoop for each table is

* indent to a known value,
* set the width of each column to known values,
* disable Automatic resize,
* disable Allow rows to break across pages,
* apply my own style for the text,
* set Keep with next on all rows but the last one.

As of now I have to do this manually for each and every one of the tables.
Any tip on how I could achieve at least part of the above wish list is really
appreciated! I run Word 2003 in Windows XP.

This would, indeed, require a macro. Can you show us the result of recording
these steps, to give us a starting place for what you need?

The "skeleton" for changing every table in the document is:

Dim tbl as Word.Table

For each tbl in ActiveDocument.Tables
'Code to manipulate table here
Next