Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BillBQ BillBQ is offline

Default Using Editors with Tables in Word

I am trying to use Editors inside a Word Document to allow access to
specific areas. One of the areas includes a Word table. After the
Editor is added to the entire Range (spanning the whole Table) I am
getting different results. Sometimes I get a single Editor which works
well and allows user access to the Table properties dialogs, etc.
Other times I get many Editors for each cell within the Table. This
causes problems with access to context sensitive menus for deleting and
Table Properties, etc. Anybody know what might be happening?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I suspect BillBQ is using IRM restrictions in the document (Tools | Protect
Document). I would imagine most of us here have little (if any) experience
with that.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
You seem to be using 'Editor' with a special meaning, which you need to
explain.

"BillBQ" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to use Editors inside a Word Document to allow access to
specific areas. One of the areas includes a Word table. After the
Editor is added to the entire Range (spanning the whole Table) I am
getting different results. Sometimes I get a single Editor which works
well and allows user access to the Table properties dialogs, etc.
Other times I get many Editors for each cell within the Table. This
causes problems with access to context sensitive menus for deleting and
Table Properties, etc. Anybody know what might be happening?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BillBQ BillBQ is offline

OK, thanks. Yeah, the issue is rather involved and might be a MS bug.
I'll post in the Word VBA forum just in case.