Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Oleg Krupnov Oleg Krupnov is offline

Default Inserting a Row into a Table Using InsertXML

Hi,

The problem is that the new row is inserted as a nested table inside
the first cell of the next existing row, whereas I need to insert a new
row between the two existing rows.

Though when I insert my new row after the last existing row, everything
works fine.

I noticed however that when I select an entire existing row (clicking
on the left margin of the row) and copy it to clipboard and then
position the cursor in the first cell of the next row, and then paste,
the row is inserted correctly between the rows. So there is some
difference in how the new text is inserted from the clipboard (Word's
Range object) and Word XML.

Perhaps there's an element in the WordML schemas that I can add to
specify that the row should stick peer between existing rows, not start
a nested table?

Thanks.