Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Wilma Lewis Wilma Lewis is offline

Default Why is there a delay (slow) in adding text to a large Word table?

I have created a table in MS Word and while adding text and expanding the
table, I have found that the more text I add, there is quite a delay in the
text appearing in the table cell. Anyone have a solution to this or if they
have encountered it before?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Wilma Lewis was telling us:
Wilma Lewis nous racontait que :

I have created a table in MS Word and while adding text and expanding
the table, I have found that the more text I add, there is quite a
delay in the text appearing in the table cell. Anyone have a solution
to this or if they have encountered it before?

Tables are uses up a lot of resources, thus the slowing down...

Try working in Normal view, at least you will not get the repagination,
which also slows things down.

If you still have the problem, you may want to split up your table in
smaller part until you are done working, then re-join the parts before
shipping the document.
It is faster for Word to work with many small tables than one "ginormous"
table.

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?V2lsbWEgTGV3aXM=?=,

I have created a table in MS Word and while adding text and expanding the
table, I have found that the more text I add, there is quite a delay in the
text appearing in the table cell. Anyone have a solution to this or if they
have encountered it before?

Besides Jean-Guy's observations, there's one other thing you can try to speed
things up a bit. If you don't need the columns to automatically resize, turn
this option off in Table/Table Properties/Table/Options. This functionality
requires Word to constantly recalculate how each and every row should be laid
out - very resource-intensive.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Cindy M. was telling us:
Cindy M. nous racontait que :

Hi ?B?V2lsbWEgTGV3aXM=?=,

I have created a table in MS Word and while adding text and
expanding the table, I have found that the more text I add, there is
quite a delay in the text appearing in the table cell. Anyone have a
solution to this or if they have encountered it before?

Besides Jean-Guy's observations, there's one other thing you can try
to speed things up a bit. If you don't need the columns to
automatically resize, turn this option off in Table/Table
Properties/Table/Options. This functionality requires Word to
constantly recalculate how each and every row should be laid out -
very resource-intensive.

Ha, thanks, had forgotten about that one!

--
Salut!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I wish there were some way to turn this off as a default, but you can't even
do that in a table style.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" NoSpam@LeaveMeAlone wrote in message
Cindy M. was telling us:
Cindy M. nous racontait que :