Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lindab Lindab is offline

Default no text

when I open a word doc I cannot type in it and there is no cursor visable
can anyone help please
Linda
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I can't be sure, because I've never run into this before, but it almost
sounds as if you've protected your normal.dot template somehow. To check
this, check Tools - Options - File Locations to find the location of your
user templates. (You may need to click on "modify" to see the entire
pathway, but DON'T modify anything. Close without changing anything.)

Then hit Ctrl - O to open a document. Under "Files of Type," select Document
Templates. Navigate to the directory that contains your user templates and
open normal.dot.

Click on "Tools" and see whether "Unprotect Document" appears. If it does,
click it and save the template and close out of Word.

If "Protect Document" appears under Tools, do NOT click it. I guessed wrong
and you should close out without saving anything.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Lindab" wrote:

when I open a word doc I cannot type in it and there is no cursor visable
can anyone help please
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

If this is one document, it may be a protection issue. If it is all
documents could you perhaps have an expired trial version or need to
activate Word?

--
Enjoy,
Tony