Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] shadowpuk@hotmail.com is offline

Default Deleting Normal.dot does not restore the missing Trados Toolbar (TW4WIN)

Hi,

I post these infos because I spend I lot of time to resolve my problem
and I want to avoid it to someone

To restore the missing Trados toolbar in Ms Word, deleting the
Normal.dot did not solve my problem.
I finally found the solution on this website :
http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/PrintPages/T1474P.html

My registry was corrupted: I had to delete this key to resolve the
problem "HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data ".

Follow these steps if deleting the Normal.dot do not help you:

1. Try to run this command to open Winword : "winword.exe /a" to
verify if you can manually load the macro and add the toolbar. If so,
proceed to step 2.
2. Close your Word program.
3. Delete the normal.dot (Documents and Settings\Joe\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates/Modèles)
4. Replace the startup templates with the original templates (Documents
and Settings\Joe\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup/Démarrage)
5. *Experimented users only* In the registry, delete the following key:
"HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data "
6. You can now restart Word normally (without the "/a" switch).

* Be careful with the registry. If you're not sure how to do it. Ask
the help of an expert.

Shadowpuk.