Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Default Postal bar code in Word 2000

Hi Word people,

My goodness, you have a lot of Word newsgroups. I couldn't find one about
mail merge in general, so I'm in this one with this question.

The client has Word 2000. In the mail merge helper for envelopes (Tools -
Mail Merge - Envelopes) there's a place to specify that the postal bar code
is wanted. It seems that later, when we've created our merge document for
envelopes, specified the data source, etc., we can't go back and change this
spec. We can't find a place to add the bar code later. I can't verify any
of this here in my office, because I have Word 2002, and the whole mail
merge thing is different. But if anyone can shed light for Word 2000, I'll
give it a go when I'm back at the client's next week.

Thanks.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As the barcodes produced by Word are (I understand) no longer compliant with
the requirements of the US postal services, there is not much point wasting
time over this issue.

Earl Kiosterud wrote:
Hi Word people,

My goodness, you have a lot of Word newsgroups. I couldn't find one
about mail merge in general, so I'm in this one with this question.

The client has Word 2000. In the mail merge helper for envelopes
(Tools - Mail Merge - Envelopes) there's a place to specify that the
postal bar code is wanted. It seems that later, when we've created
our merge document for envelopes, specified the data source, etc., we
can't go back and change this spec. We can't find a place to add the
bar code later. I can't verify any of this here in my office,
because I have Word 2002, and the whole mail merge thing is
different. But if anyone can shed light for Word 2000, I'll give it
a go when I'm back at the client's next week.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Graham,

Well, that's good to know. Thanks for the info.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com