Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Carrie Carrie is offline

Default Mailmerge with Excel

I have Word and Excel 2003. When I merge a document in Word with an excel
spreadsheet, not all of the data comes back into Word, which means that I end
up cutting and pasting information, where mailmerge should have done it all
in one move. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Carrie Carrie is offline

The data in the Excel spreadsheet is text comments from a variety of surveys.
Some of the fields come through into Word with only part of the text that
has been entered (ie it ends part way through the sentence). There is no
pattern to this (ie it's not just the cells with a lot of text, it can also
be cells with only a few sentences).

carrie wrote:
I have Word and Excel 2003. When I merge a document in Word with an
excel spreadsheet, not all of the data comes back into Word, which
means that I end up cutting and pasting information, where mailmerge
should have done it all in one move. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be
given the option of using the DDE method of connection which should read the
data as you have it formatted in the table.