Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Ryle Michael Ryle is offline

Default Can't Change Default Number of Print Copies

Using Word 2003 on Windows 2000, I am unable make a permanent change in the
default number of print copies for a document.

When I go to print, the default number of copies comes up as 4.

I can change it to 1 using the up/down arrows, but the change does not
persist.

The next time I go to print a document, unless I remember to change the
default number of copies, I will get 4, in the vast majority of cases, 3 more
than I want.

My wife had this problem on her machine some time ago. The only solution we
found was to delete and reinstall the printer object. Surely there's a
better way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Ryle Michael Ryle is offline

The default number of copies reported by the printer driver dialog
(StartSettingsPrinters[driver]Properties is 1, which is not surprising
because if I print from Excel, or from an non-Office program, the default
number of copies comes up as 1. It's only in Word that it comes up as 4.
This problem is clearly specific to Word.