Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wabeard6596 wabeard6596 is offline

Default Unknown option

At some time I selected an option within Word 2003 that when in the Print
Layout view causes four dotted lines (two hortizonally and two vertically) to
appear as if borders for the text field. As I move the Left and Right Margin
controls the lines move accordingly. The same applies to the Top and Bottom
lines.

I do not remember how or why I caused these lines to appear nor how to
remove them. I don't remember them always being there. I've tried a number
of options including setting the border option to None, but nothing seems to
undo what I originally did to cause the lines to appear in the first place.

If this configuration sounds familiar to anyone, please advise me as to how
to get the Print Layout view back to its original appearance.

Sincerely,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I think what you are describing are crop marks and they are triggered by
using East Asian languages - see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839371

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"wabeard6596" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Tools | Options | View: Text boundaries. FWIW, I would not think of working
without these, as the text boundaries also indicate the location of text
boxes, table cell boundaries, etc.