Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phil Raidt Phil Raidt is offline

Default Add envelope to mailmerge letter and skip return address

I am trying to add an envelope to a mailmerge letter document and have two
problems.

No matter what I try I can't add the envelope without messing up the
original letter. Could someone outline the procedure for adding an envelope
to a mailmerge letter?

Also, How do I tell Word to skip the return address on the envelope and
allow me to just set up the Delivery Address?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Phil Raidt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create your merge letter without the merge fields or the attached data. From
the envelope label wizard add an envelope to the document with the omit
return address check box checked. Press Alt +F9 to see where the address
frame is located. Now add your data file from the merge toolbar (see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm )
Add the merge fields to both letter and envelope.
Merge the document.
Unless your printer has a separate bin for envelopes, you should create the
envelope and letter merges as two separate documents.

Phil Raidt wrote:
I am trying to add an envelope to a mailmerge letter document and
have two problems.

No matter what I try I can't add the envelope without messing up the
original letter. Could someone outline the procedure for adding an
envelope to a mailmerge letter?

Also, How do I tell Word to skip the return address on the envelope
and allow me to just set up the Delivery Address?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Phil Raidt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phil Raidt Phil Raidt is offline

Thanks for your advice and the material on your web site.

I was able to use an exiting mailmerge letter. The merge is initiated from
MS Access and it is easier to do the editing from that direction too (working
with the instance of Word that Access starts rather than bring it up on its
own). I figured out that I needed to put something in the Delivery Address
box of the envelope wizard as a place holder in order for the address frame
to appear on the envelope. After I did that everything worked fine. Thanks
again.

Phil Raidt