Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard is offline

Default documents slow to open from a search

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to use for this query.

I regularly use the File-- File Search option to search for word documents
on my system. Lately when I click on the correct file in the results pane it
takes an age for the document to open. It used to open almost instantly, now
it can take over 2 minutes. The documents are not long, do not contain
images, and are not large file sizes.

Does anyone have a solution to this? It's quite fustrating, especially when
I am on a call to someone who requires the info in the file I'm searching for.

Any help greatfully recieved,

Charlotte