Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Can't change the background in a table

I have a table with cells that appear to have a background color applied to
the text, but I can't seem to turn it off. I've tried

Format - Borders and Shading - No Fill - Apply to Table

And NOTHING.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The shading could be applied to the text in the table, or to an
individual cell. Look in the Borders and Shading dialog box again, and
try a different selection for "Apply to."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have a table with cells that appear to have a background color

applied to
the text, but I can't seem to turn it off. I've tried

Format - Borders and Shading - No Fill - Apply to Table

And NOTHING.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi Barb

Barb Reinhardt wrote:
I have a table with cells that appear to have a background color applied to
the text, but I can't seem to turn it off. I've tried

Format - Borders and Shading - No Fill - Apply to Table

And NOTHING.

Suggestions?

The cells in question might contain an inline image.

Or (more likely) you are actually faced with a table within a table --
then the inner table has its own settings including B&S.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Place the cursor inside the inner table and choose Format | Borders
and Shading.

Make sure that table gridlines are displayed (on the Table menu, click
Show Gridlines); that makes it easier to identify the tables. You may
also want to click the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar, so that you
can see the end-of-cell and end-of-row markers: ¤. (For more on
nonprinting marks, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
So how do I deal with the table in a table problem?

Thanks

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Barb