Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JeffreyBee JeffreyBee is offline

Default Address Block Question

Word 2003

Hello,

I would like to add a Department field to the address block so it not only
displays the company name on one line but the department name on a separate
line (if it exists).

thanks for your help.

Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Forget the addressblock field and simply insert the individual fields where
you require them eg

{ Mergefield First_Name} { Mergefield Last_Name }{ IF{ Mergefield Company }
"" "
{ Mergefield Company } { IF{ Mergefield Department } "" "
{ Mergefield Department }" ""}" "" }
{ MERGEFIELD Postal_Address }

JeffreyBee wrote:
Word 2003

Hello,

I would like to add a Department field to the address block so it not
only displays the company name on one line but the department name on
a separate line (if it exists).

thanks for your help.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JeffreyBee JeffreyBee is offline

Two questions: 1. Will this result in a blank line if department is blank?
2. what do I enter to ensure department is on its own line?

JeffreyBee wrote:
Word 2003

Hello,

I would like to add a Department field to the address block so it not
only displays the company name on one line but the department name on
a separate line (if it exists).

thanks for your help.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There will be no blank lines if you build the field construction as shown.
Note particularly the positions of the quotes in relation to the line
breaks. There will be no department entry if there is no company, but if
both are present they will be on separate lines as requested.
See also http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm