Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DC Organizer DC Organizer is offline

Default Using Hyperlinks in multiple long tables

I am designing a document that will contain four separate tables, based on
departments in my company. As these tables continue to grow with information
(XYZ department will have a 15 page table, ABC department may have a 20 page
table), I'd like the ability to hyperlink to the beginning of any one
department table, from any page of a table. Since repeating rows only copies
the text forward and not the hyperlink, does anyone have any suggestions on
how I can get these hyperlinks to appear on every page? I've tried the
header/footer section, but you have to double-click to access it, and then
click once more to follow the link. I'm hoping to make this more seamless.
This document is strictly tables, so a TOC won't work either. Is there
anything else I can try?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DC Organizer DC Organizer is offline

Let's say I have Tables A, B, C & D. If I'm on page 5 or 15 of Table A, I
want a hyperlink to jump to Table B or C. I don't want to create each link
manually as the Tables will continue to grow with information and I won't be
keeping up with page numbers. Any suggestions?

"Jezebel" wrote:

There is almost certainly a better way. What is the problem that your
hyperlinks are intended to solve?

"DC Organizer" DC wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

That's still begging the question. The hyperlinks seems to be a
*solution* -- but to what? If you want to be able to jump, always, to the
start of the table, why not add a toolbar with buttons A, B, C, & D: click
the button to jump to the start of the table?

But -- indulge my curiosity -- why do you need to jump to the start of your
tables so often that you need to automate the method?

multiple tables same text Stam Tables 1 August 22nd 06 01:44 PM
Formating Multiple tables Panagiotis Marantos Microsoft Word Help 1 July 5th 06 10:51 AM
How to add multiple tables via vbscript? Tasin Tables 2 May 24th 06 10:03 AM
Hyperlinks don't work in TOC of multiple docs - Word 2000 Jim Microsoft Word Help 2 April 25th 06 08:04 PM
How do I format multiple tables in MS word together? lebur05 Tables 2 August 12th 05 09:24 PM