Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bo Bo is offline

Default How can I insert a row into a table and keep column breaks the sam

I have a table that is a long list of names. Each row is a new name, sorted
alphabetically. For ease of use, there is a column break every five rows
which forms the table into clusters of five rows (Maybe each cluster would be
considered a different table). I want to be able to insert a new row in the
middle somewhere and still keep my rows in clusters of five. Is there any way
to do this without going through and manually change every column break?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi Bo

Bo wrote:
I have a table that is a long list of names. Each row is a new name, sorted
alphabetically. For ease of use, there is a column break every five rows
which forms the table into clusters of five rows (Maybe each cluster would be
considered a different table). I want to be able to insert a new row in the
middle somewhere and still keep my rows in clusters of five. Is there any way
to do this without going through and manually change every column break?

I don't think so. This sheds a new light on your column breaks "ease of
use," I'd say. Can you elaborate what that might be? I can understand if
you say it serves some kind of formatting goal.

One might think of some VBA code to get rid of all breaks in your table,
reorder it and then generate breaks again (or some other means that
achieves the same effect).

0.2cents
Robert
--