Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ian Yorke Ian Yorke is offline

Default mail merge peoblem with word and access

In our Database we have lookup tables for city and state. example

CityId City StateID State
10 New York 50 NY
11 Atalnta 51 GA

our customer table has many fields: FirstName, LastName, Company, City,
State, etc.

City and State uses the look up tables described above to get their values.
We created a query based on the customer table to create mailing envelopes.
the problem is that word show only the CityID and StateID in word example

John Smith
Smith Company
11 51

Instead of : Atlanta Ga. How can we get the result to display Atlanta GA?

--
Thanks
Ian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SWFuIFlvcmtl?=,

In our Database we have lookup tables for city and state. example

CityId City StateID State
10 New York 50 NY
11 Atalnta 51 GA

our customer table has many fields: FirstName, LastName, Company, City,
State, etc.

City and State uses the look up tables described above to get their values.
We created a query based on the customer table to create mailing envelopes.
the problem is that word show only the CityID and StateID in word example

Open the Access query (I'm assuming this is Access) in Design view. Click the
"Add Table" button (a big yellow plus sign) and choose the table that contains
the look up information. This should add the table to the query, and you
should see a line linking the two tables.

Now you can drag the City and State fields that contain the text from the
lookup table into the query grid (and remove the ID fields if you don't need
them for the mail merge).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org