Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HDias HDias is offline

Default Word won't open

very strange problem
I work on a network at work with no problem.

The company I work for has a remote connection that I use to log on to the
network from home. I have DSL and use a router and a wireless laptop....no
problem.

I also live in explorer to open, move, copy, delete and basically do
everything with my documents.

My problem is when I open explorer and try and open a Word document the hour
glass goes on, Word strarts to open, and then it hangs. The hour glass turns
off and when I X to exit I get the Microsoft error stating it has encountered
an error.

This does NOT happen to any other program I use (excel, powerpoint, access,
visio) only Word.

I am using Windows XP Office 2002 with sp3

I also use Lotus notes and have no problem logged on remotly opening a Word
document embedded in an email.

I have determined that if I open up a Word document within the root of a
directory in Explorer it will open. Word seems to choke when I open a Word
document at a sub-level folder.

If I open Word directly and obtain a document through Word I have no
problem. It seems to be explorer that I cannot use when I am logged on
remotley.

Our help desk has re-installed word with no luck. Has anyone ever
encountered this before?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm