Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Default shading alternate rows

Hi

I have a table with four columns and several rows. I want to shade each
alternate row. I am manually shading at the moment. Is there a way I can
speed it up by copying and pasting the shaded rows?
--
Jackie D
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Running a macro containing the following code will apply shading to
alternate rows of the table in which the selection is located:

Dim i As Long
Dim atable As Table
Set atable = Selection.Tables(1)
With atable
For i = 2 To .Rows.Count Step 2
.Rows(i).Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorGray05
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I have a table with four columns and several rows. I want to shade each
alternate row. I am manually shading at the moment. Is there a way I can
speed it up by copying and pasting the shaded rows?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It depends a bit on what version of Word you have but take a look at Table
AutoFormat to set up a striped table.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I have a table with four columns and several rows. I want to shade each
alternate row. I am manually shading at the moment. Is there a way I can
speed it up by copying and pasting the shaded rows?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In Word 2002 and 2003, you also have access to table styles (the successor
to AutoFormats, they can be user-defined), and row striping is one of the
properties you can define in the style. Although table styles are flaky in
other ways (see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html),
they can be extremely helpful when you need alternate row shading.