Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mdavison mdavison is offline

Default Table size proeprties not adjusting

This is a two part question I think. We are Novell/Win XP SP1/ Office 2003

1) Other than direct user manual change - how would a table's proerpties go
from measurements in inches to measurements in percents? I've never seen it
happen and I've got a weird one.

2) Why is it that even after the check box for Preferred Width is UNchecked,
the table wont allow the user to modify column widths. I could do it when I
remote controled her desktop, but after we hung up, she emailed aagain and
said it stopped letting her.

User error? Table annoyance?
Thanks,
-M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mdavison mdavison is offline

That didn't solve it.
Only one other person is reporting a similar problem, but not as frequently.
When other users work on the same documents, the tables behave just fine.
We're going to re-install Word, but if anyone can think of anythign else,
please let me know.

Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It is often very difficult to set column widths when "Autofit to contents"
is enabled. Disable this in Table Properties | Table | Options.

so
all may benefit.

Losing textbox on table Jack Tables 13 November 21st 06 03:09 AM
How do I make a table cell an exact size. Julie Tables 2 August 25th 06 10:46 PM
Can't change table size in Outlook email? MBUDK Tables 0 October 12th 05 01:32 PM
keeping table or cell exact size murphcotl Tables 1 April 4th 05 03:31 PM
Can I freeze the size and format of table cells then type in the . Rudy1 Tables 6 March 23rd 05 02:32 PM